Telling stories with imagination.

Friday 9 April 2010

Prima donna

A quick update from behind my production desk - we all work as freelancers too, so as well as working on Otieno I'm also designing video projections for Prima Donna at Sadlers Wells this week.
It's a new opera by Rufus Wainwright, directed by Tim Albery, which premiered at the Manchester International Festival last summer.
Poppy's worked with Tim before but I haven't - and it's been great! I have worked with the designer before though - Antony McDonald - I'm doing projections for his Ring Cycle out in Holland and I worked with him on The Gambler at the Royal Opera House a few months ago. His set's really beautiful - a whole room with huge shuttered windows made entirely out of shiny mirrored metal sheet, it catches the light just brilliantly!
It's always great fun to work on huge opera projects like this, with their massive budgets and huge teams people - though this one is very different in style to the type show we do with Metta. It's very straight and quite traditional in many ways - but then done well I think that's what you want to see sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment